Cloud native application is a lightweight container based virtual and shared infrastructure. We develop cloud native applications in different programming languages that are appropriate for various functionalities. The microservices have separate architecture that is isolated from servers and operating systems.
Benefits of Cloud Native Applications:
- Speedy Release
- Faster Bug Identification
- Relatively faster Bug Fixing
- Automatic Updates
- Supports infrastructure as code
Why do you need security for your Cloud Native application?
Cloud Native lets you deliver fast and provide accurate services. Cloud applications have restriction free access from any location. By default cloud native application are not secure. Test and identify the threats for your application and its data.
Continuous delivery and continuous integration are major considerations for security of cloud native applications. Cloud environments change fast thus managing the containers is intricate. The purpose of Azure Security is to reduce cloud vulnerabilities towards attacks, and leash systems to protect against unfavorable incidents. Maintain a log that can track the incidents as they occur and the corrective measures for improved control, and minimize the damages.
Azure Security encourages automation via cloud native tools. Scan the images for probable threats and act immediately. Gatekeepers can check issues on images before deployment. You should get remote access to the network, to collect information, and get warnings related to the network traffic.
Better control over credentials and Azure Security can stop the leakage of credentials. Over a period, cyber crimes are increasing and not only organizational data, customer data, transactional data but also your intelligent solutions are at risk.
Security center uses global threat intelligence to detect external attacks consequently Azure Security lets you focus on critical threats as. Alerts sequenced on priority consider the severity of risk basis and grouped in incidents helps to focus on high risks first. Azure DDOS (Distributed Denial of Service) protection mitigates network attacks by mode of continuous monitoring.
The private sector still has majority of customer base and the effect of security attack will be immense. Systems need to preserve your applications from tentative threats. The free version of Azure Security has limited features and paid version has a bundle of distinguishable features. Its service model guarantees that you pay only for what you use. Get high performance at low costs. Azure Security ensures safety with the continuous addition of new features.
All who are fan of high speed deployment know the value of uninterrupted services. There is constant need of server availability, maintaining transparency within the organization and enhanced cloud performance. High interoperability is achievable with Azure Security. Less work on VMs and servers is result of tightened security.
Azure Security by Microsoft is reliable as over 200 professionals identify threats and defend attacks to find flaws with their own product and keep on improving. Their cybersecurity experts protect your infrastructure.
We all look forward to exceptional solutions then why compromise with security.
Mistaken principles on security of Cloud Native application:
- Isolated services are more secured
- Cloud Native approach includes overall security of applications
- We have better control and focus over security
- New technology is protected and brings stability to applications
- Large and complex applications are automated and hence the security factor is already considered
- We have a continuous check due to CI/CD in pipeline
Check point for security challenges in cloud native applications:
- Is your code secure enough?
- Is the application’s in-built security in place?
- Does application design prevent security breach?
- Are all released patches safe?
- Is frequency of updates and in production systems a concern for you?
- Monitoring the microservices applications is still complex?
- Need to protect server workloads?
- Do you have multiple gateways and network perimeters?
- Are there any other threats to the datacenter?
- How important is your data?
- What are the access points and controls of data?
- Is there any audit process for your releases?
- Do you face any current issues of mismanaged identities?
- Have you thought what if the datacenter crashes?
- Have you planned security for your cloud native applications?
- Did you test your application’s strengths and weakness pertaining to security?
- What about the unforeseen challenges, how will you manage?
- Double check if you believe mostly everything related to security is customizable.
Chart out your security concerns, challenges and probable solutions that Azure Security offers.
Best Practices of Azure Security:
- Deployment of multiple instances of your applications
- Select the size of virtual machines wisely, few smaller VMs are better options to one large VM
- Windows Azure can be a reliable storage compared to local storage
- Automate the security measures for best results
- Azure Security management system enables us to track applications regularly
- Do security evaluation as tracking the activities can help in planning actions
- Assign roles of web and worker as per the logic of your application
- Know and define the limits of shared resources
- Identity Management is necessary it makes the study of login patterns possible
- Each and every service of a cloud-native application has an independent life cycle requiring additional security
- Storage solutions can be effective with identification of static assets of an application
- Manage the storage for files, logs and media for better monitoring
- Every build should run a security check and scan the code
- Use Azure Key Vault to store databases, passwords, certificates and API keys
- Other best Practices like safeguard the firewall for better security
- Encourage users for strong passwords by setting criteria
- Use Artificial Intelligence to uncover threats, collect data of attacks, inspect and respond to cyberattacks
Organizations of various sizes that work on different technologies to create cloud native applications recommend practices they follow. Not everything is meant for your type of applications, select the most appropriate, and implement.
Keep your servers, containers, servers, virtual machines, databases, and applications safe and secure.
Functionality Assessment of Azure Security:
- A complete security management system let you handle security logically
- Advanced threat detection for Servers, Virtual Machines and Networks
- Automatic and manual options for every function
- Accommodates all networking needs
- Manage all Azure instances
- Ease of integration using standard API tools
- Adaptive controls over all applications
- Provides protection to cloud workloads
- Improves data center security
- Centralized security policy management
- Get visibility of resourced used and user details
- Stronger security policies
- Better control on visitor traffic
- High Security causes lowest downtime of applications
- Easy evaluation of security
- Examine logs of services for frequent attacks
- Timely corrections in case of indentified security issues
- Malicious activities by any user gets highlighted
- Deployment in secured environment
- Audit your SQL databases
- Authenticates active directory with smartsheet
- Azure security provides great network resilience
- Secured environments offer resource scalability
- Adjust and control resources with growing customer base
- Restricted access to management ports on Azure Virtual Machines
- Improves business process agility
- Excellent stability of Virtual Machines
- Easy integration with other Microsoft products
- Constantly evolving, continuous service upgrades
Azure Security for your Cloud Native applications will secure the efforts put in by developers in developing effective solutions. Utilizing the cloud platform for our efficient applications is an uptrend, although necessity of time is tight security of cloud-native applications. Provisioning for security of cloud native applications has enormous weightage. From management and business perspective Azure Security is a worthy investment with enduring returns.