Embrace the future of business with seamless cloud migration!
We offer comprehensive cloud migration services that are designed to help businesses seamlessly transition their infrastructure and applications to the cloud. Our experienced team of cloud computing experts can assist you with migrating to various cloud platforms, such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud.
With our expertise and guidance, we have helped businesses in taking complete advantage of the scalability, flexibility, and cost savings of the cloud.
“By utilizing data gathered during the discovery and analysis process, we evaluate your business requirements, identify areas of potential improvement, and suggest the most effective cloud migration plan for your organization.”
Our approach to Cloud Migration
To develop a migration plan that aligns with your business goals and capabilities, we start by conducting a comprehensive assessment. During this stage, our team will do:
1. Cloud Migration Assessment
- Assess the financial and technical viability of transitioning to the cloud, considering the potential benefits and costs of the migration process.
- Gain a thorough understanding of how migrating to the cloud will affect your day-to-day operations, including any changes to workflows or processes that may be required.
- Evaluate your current application portfolios to determine which applications are best suited for migration to the cloud and prioritize them accordingly based on their business value and complexity.
- Identify the most effective migration pattern for each of your applications, taking into consideration factors such as downtime, data integrity, and resource utilization.
- Create the most suitable cloud platform for your unique requirements by considering elements such as security, scalability, and affordability.
2. Roadmap and Strategy
After completing the initial assessment, we create a practical plan that outlines the steps required to migrate your applications to the cloud successfully. We analyze each application and determine the most suitable course of action, which could include one of the following options:
- Rehosting: The process of rehosting an application to the cloud involves transferring it without any significant alteration to its architecture or functionality.
- Re-platforming: This involves moving an application to the cloud while also making some changes to its architecture to take advantage of cloud-native features and capabilities.
- Replacing: This involves replacing an existing application with a new software solution, either an off-the-shelf product or a custom-built solution. It may involve transitioning to a pre-existing software that fulfills all the necessary requirements or developing a new custom solution tailored to specific needs. d. Refactoring: This involves making significant changes to an application’s codebase to optimize it for the cloud environment and take advantage of cloud-native services and features.
- Rebuilding: This involves completely redeveloping an application from the ground up, often including updating the coding language to a more modern version. It involves starting a new and constructing the application using contemporary technologies, best practices, and design principles. f. Retaining: This involves leaving an application as is, without migrating it to the cloud.
- Retiring: This involves retiring an application that is no longer necessary or that has become outdated and replacing it with a more modern and cloud-native solution.
3. Development and Migration
We have significant experience in application development, infrastructure management, and DevOps, which we leverage to implement your migration strategy successfully. Our goal is to not only facilitate a seamless migration but also help you build the internal capability necessary to manage and optimize your applications in the cloud. To achieve this, we utilize established frameworks and processes to create a robust and scalable environment for your applications.
4. Management and Support
Our responsibility doesn’t end with the deployment of your applications. We are dedicated to verifying the smooth operation of your updated applications and systems at their optimal capacity. Furthermore, we offer training and assistance to your team to equip them with the necessary expertise and tools for efficient application management.
“The importance of system availability cannot be overstated, as even a single minute of downtime can result in customer dissatisfaction. Migrating to the cloud provides peace of mind, knowing that our systems will remain online and functional around the clock, allowing us to better serve our customers.”
Benefits of Migrating to Cloud
Cloud migration can significantly impact businesses by reducing TCO, accelerating delivery time, and enabling greater innovation opportunities. The cloud offers agility and flexibility, which are crucial to adapt to evolving consumer and market needs.
As the demand for online services and remote work has increased, companies are migrating to the cloud to become more agile and adaptable. Those who have already started their cloud transformation are accelerating their progress, while others are realizing the missed opportunities and questioning their delay in adopting cloud computing.
Cloud Migration provides a range of benefits, such as:
- Increased agility and flexibility
- Ability to innovate faster
- Easing increasing resource demands
- Better managing of increased customer expectations
- Reduction in costs
- Deliver immediate business results
- Simplify IT
- Shift to everything-as-a-service
- Better consumption management
- Cloud scalability
- Improved performance
How can you start your cloud migration journey?
The true potential of the cloud varies depending on the goals of each company, regardless of its size. These objectives may arise from a range of common initiatives, including:
- Speeding up expansion
- Updating and improving IT infrastructure
- Controlling IT expenses
- Ensuring adherence to regulations and standards
- Meeting customers’ needs for seamless experiences across various channels
- Improving the company’s agility in response to market changes
- Simplifying business workflows
- Expanding capacity as needed
Each organization has its own set of unique cloud goals aligned with its business strategy. Therefore, it’s essential to create a customized approach based on successful migration stories to ease the transition and begin the cloud journey. The journey requires more than just a tech renovation and involves cultural, procedural, and overall IT framework transformation with the involvement of every business unit. Thus, there is much to consider beyond avoiding disruptions to current processes while making the switch to the cloud.
To get started on your own cloud migration journey, take a look at these essential steps to begin your migration to the cloud.
Step 1: Adopt a strategic mindset
Leaders need to develop a strategic approach for their organization to get the most out of cloud migration. Although cloud services offer easy scalability and self-service options, traditional IT architecture may not automatically translate to the cloud environment. Therefore, it’s essential to consider potential security needs and the existing workforce. A cultural shift involving people, processes, and technology is necessary for successful cloud migration.
Step 2: Choose your cloud model
Moving applications to the cloud can be done via “lift and shift” or deep integration. You’ll also need to choose between IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS, and decide whether to go with single or multi-cloud. Ultimately, the choice depends on your organization’s goals and resources. Consider cloud computing services like AWS and Microsoft Azure, but focus on your core needs to find the best fit.
Step 3: Choose your leader
A leader is crucial for successfully implementing a cloud migration project. They should possess technical skills and business acumen, and work closely with the CEO to overcome challenges throughout the migration process. Key responsibilities include developing strategies for data migration, defining requirements and priorities, performing the refactoring, establishing performance baselines, and developing a production switch-over plan. A strong leader can also facilitate team adherence to the cloud migration process and address any challenges in adoption.
Step 4: Back up your data
In today’s data-driven business world, data is crucial for innovation, growth, productivity, and insights. However, data loss during cloud migration or a breach can have enormous implications, including loss of intellectual property, customers, partner confidence, and productivity. To mitigate the risk of data loss, organizations need backup solutions that can quickly adapt to change and allow for easy restoration of operations. This requires a single management interface for data protection and restoration schemes. Managed Cloud backup simplifies data protection through a single control panel, which is critical when every minute of downtime can result in significant losses.
Step 5: Select a cloud service provider
Selecting the appropriate Cloud Service Provider (CSP) for your company is similar to recruiting a top-level executive. A CSP that understands your business, industry, and objectives, has a good reputation and offers a complete set of services, including a virtual CIO expert, is required. The provider should serve as a partner and provide valuable advice on making the cloud transition easier, with insights and suggestions that go beyond the software and hardware.
Got more questions?
Visit the F.A.Q section or book a free consultation with our Cloud Migration Expert!
Contact us to know more about our Migration strategies and get a quote for your Migration plan!