Companies often employ management consultants to discover ways to improve efficiency at work. They mainly focus on Policies and Processes! But there is actually an even more important ingredient for increasing the workplace productivity: And that is ‘Happiness’!
Happiness is the “ultimate productivity booster,” because happy people –
- Work better with others
- Fix problems instead of complaining about them
- Have more energy
- Are more creative, optimistic, motivated, and healthy
- Worry less about making mistakes (and then actually make fewer mistakes)
- Learn faster
- Make better decisions
“Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.” ~Dalai Lama
At AnAr we try analyzing what makes us happy. When team members are happy and motivated, the business benefits from higher efficiency, because happy people accomplish better results with higher quality, because happy people want to go to work and are less vulnerable to stress. And not shockingly, all of this leads to better deals and higher profits for the business.
We think about the tasks we completed in the day and also from the client’s perspective and rate the happiness parameters at day end!
Ultimately, it’s about loving what you do; feeling proud of your work; knowing that what you do is important and being acknowledged for it and being constantly energized. Marking the happy and sad faces help us analyze and thus work better the next day!
Here are few ways that help find Happiness at work!
- Be an entrepreneur from anywhere – Even if you don’t start a business (now), imagine starting a project that will improve your current job, workplace, or community
- Develop a social circle – Widen the circle of the informed. Involve people not usually included
- Discuss the idea informally to find others feeling the same way
- Look for opportunities for growth instead of failure
- Help someone solve a problem
- Take on additional responsibility
- Have enough courage to ask
- Remain positive