The current market situation and change in working trends need more focus on data and application availability. Investment in the cloud by companies at varying levels is guaranteed for better visibility in consumer-oriented industries.
Gut feelings don’t matter here the strategy should be fine-tuned by evaluating both Hybrid Cloud and Multi Cloud.
Gist of statistical surveys by various institutions
- Cloud data centers likely to process 94% of workloads by 2021.
- Hybrid cloud strategy is preferred by around 65% of organizations.
- Nearly 43% of SMEs prefer public cloud compares to private cloud.
- Around 60% of large enterprises run virtual machines (VMs) on the public cloud.
- Projected spending on public cloud in 2020 is approximately USD 257 billion.
- Hybrid Cloud infrastructure to see investments of USD 128 billion by year 2025.
- Almost 62% of public cloud users use two or more unique cloud platforms.
What is Hybrid Cloud?
Hybrid Cloud is a combination of on-premise infrastructure i.e. private and public cloud. Both refer to cloud deployments yet differ in type of infrastructure. Secured high-speed connectivity between enterprise and cloud environment is a strong characteristic.
What is Multi Cloud?
Multicloud is the integration of multiple public clouds. Multiple users have personalized access to their own data use public cloud.
Hybrid Cloud vs. Multi Cloud Strategy starts with the categorization of requirements. Whether it is about your database, applications, servers, operating systems, data centers, virtualization, network, or storage.
Similarities that confuse in forming Hybrid Cloud vs Multi Cloud Strategy:
Both use more than one cloud. Multi Cloud uses only public clouds and Hybrid uses private and public clouds both as per the needs of organization. Since both the clouds involve several independent cloud environments, they require a disparate set of tools to meet operational needs. A common factor that interests the management is pay as you use this tremendously reduces overhead expenses.
Hybrid Cloud vs Multi Cloud Strategy has a benefit of both multi cloud and hybrid cloud brings precision in the capability of being available for customers and offer services more efficiently.
How different are multi cloud and hybrid cloud is what you should know if you are defining Hybrid Cloud vs Multi Cloud Strategy?
- Workload: Multi cloud usescloud bursting technique and distributes the workload to multiple clouds. It creates workload balance when there is high demand. Hybrid cloud combines benefits of two different clouds i.e. private and public providing noteworthy flexibility to organize workloads. Underutilization of the cloud is also a cost to the organization.
- Risk Reduction: Equation of risk depends on the nature of business and risk taking capacity pertaining to the type of data. Hybrid cloud allows you to choose between private and public cloud to fix your data while Multi cloud lets you fix data with a public cloud provider.
- Ops Tools: Hybrid cloud pairs up private and public cloud making native tools available, eliminating the need to buy the third-party ops tools. Managing Multi Cloud, you ought to have clarity of cloud service brokers and cloud management platforms. You need to try and test tools that are suitable, that add technological value to strengthen the Hybrid Cloud vs. Multi Cloud Strategy.
- Infrastructure: Customization of infrastructure lowers the risks on Multi cloud environment. Multiple clouds add to the capability and performance, assures uninterrupted services even if a host fails. Hybrid Cloud of private cloud and third party public cloud services, the infrastructure lets you manage dedicated services.
- Security: Data protection is a skillful matter when it comes to Multi cloud especially due to policies of various cloud providers. The third party partners handle it efficiently except for your distinctive requirements. Distribution of responsibilities among parties calls for supervision. Data encryption secures the data but when it comes to moving data from private to public cloud organizations still dread landing to Multi Cloud instead of Hybrid Cloud.
- Control: Integration of resource management and monitoring on hybrid cloud leads to persistent cloud performance. Establish control by choosing the right infrastructure environment that optimizes agility. It allows experimentation for the applications running at a large or medium scale. Multi cloud supports platform scaling to a great extent. It is perfect if you have plans to increase the existing capacity of applications, add new applications or its availability.
- Accessibility: Opting Hybrid cloud gives flexibility to an organization in terms of accessibility. A remote workforce can have easy and uninterrupted access to data anytime anywhere. A Multi cloud deployment ensures the correct mix of various services offered by different public cloud providers without any need to migrate all your data or applications.
Lookout for Hybrid Cloud vs Multi Cloud Strategy:
- Optimizing use of cloud
- Automation and scalability
- Monitoring expenses and diverting investments
- Migrating workloads on the cloud
- Cost optimization and enhanced productivity
- Formation of automation policies for better control
- Managing software licenses on the cloud
- Disaster recovery and online backup
- Accelerate time to market
- Adds to the efficiency of IT staff
- Overall flexibility & robust security
Multi clouds reduce the dependency on a single provider and you can select from AWZ, Microsoft Azure, Oracle, and Google Cloud Platform. Organizations prefer Multi cloud because of the ability to mix Saas, Iaas, and PaaS for delivery mechanisms.
Centralized identity infrastructure applied across multiple environments of Hybrid cloud lessens IT dependency and efforts. Select from hybrid cloud providers AWS, VMware, Rackspace, Microsoft Azure, Google, and IBM.
Large enterprises tend to use more than two public and at least private clouds. Over 59% of enterprises expect incremental use of cloud storage. USA, China, UK, Germany, and Japan are top consumers of cloud computing technologies. India’s growth is no more a mystery so hesitance can be only due to ignorance.
Factually, Hybrid Cloud vs Multi Cloud Strategy should ideally be agile, flexible, and a perfect match to organizational needs. Trailing helps to find a suitable option; when moving data and applications from private cloud to Multi cloud or Hybrid cloud.